Had one of the worst days in a while. I'm usually not one to complain all that much, but today was FML-worthy. Seriously, I actually submitted it to fmylife.com. Maybe if I'm lucky (or is it more like unlucky?) it'll get posted to the site. If you're on there, look for a post by ErikWTF. haha.
Or if not, the gist of it is on twitter.
I finally took the time to finish the ISA/Wong Fu video. It's currently rendering, which takes wayy too long. (something like 2 hours)
I need a mac. :(
But it's a big file, since I didn't want to have the problem with the last video where I exported it too small. This'll be high quality stuff baby!
Speaking of Wong Fu, last week, when I posted the ISA trailer (seen a few posts below), Philip Wang added me on facebook! I sound like such a lame fanboy, but this is kind of a big deal.(Not really.) since whilst Wes keeps his fb open to everyone, Phil is much more private, preferring to add those he knows. So yeah, after 3 cheesy fan videos, I've finally gained his respect? At least enough to friend me on facebook. Haha. But the message he added was nice.
"Erik, keep doing your thing. It's inspiring"
I tried to play it cool. haha. But yeah, that was pretty cool.
I hope that I actually can keep "doing my thing" for a while. This life stuff's getting confusing, but if I can make it out of it doing something I love, that'd be enough.
With all of this online networking and this virtual elbow rubbing I'm doing with these guys, it's hard not to notice things. Like recently, it seems like Wes has been pretty down. I sometimes forget the toll their workload takes on their lives.
Between Phil's emo xanga entries, and Wes's depressing fb statuses and twitters. (i'm sorry, tweets) But I'm reminded that they are still human. And I always like to show as much appreciation as I can. part of the reason I make the videos, and add that little thank you message at the end. as cheesy as it is.
I really miss being young. Seems like I say that a lot, but i guess it just reinforces that I really do.
I hate hypocrites and stereotypes. But I find that often, I epitomize these same things. haha.
Like over spring break, when the UCs and states let out, I was hanging out with the guys, Marc, Derick, Matt, Martin, and we were planning on seeing Watchmen. On the way, we had to stop by the gas station to fill up, and we were getting a bit frustrated, since there was a long line, and we were trying to make the 4:45 showing and it was already 4. (turns out, the showing was at 4:15, but I digress.) I looked at one of the pumps, and I saw an empty suv, with the gas pump lying on the ground, and I commented, "jeez who's that douchebag!"
Here comes the kicker. Then this really pretty Asian girl walks out and towards the car. Turns out it's hers. I then feel like an ass, and don't say anything.
I turn around, and Matt, in the backseat, is looking out the window at her too, but the moment I turn around, he awkwardly fumbles to try and make it look like he wasn't, but yeah...I knew. haha. I don't know. I love that. When I catch other guys looking at pretty girls. (not in like, the perverted, checking her out kind of way, just like admiring a girl from afar)
I couldn't give him crap, cause I was doing it too. XD
But then again, he's the one with the girlfriend!
*sigh*
Lots of friends it seems have been "lightly" encouraging me to try and "hook up", which I've been getting a little tired of. Like when the I went with the guys to the animal shelter to look at doggies, there wasn another pretty girl walking a dog in the dog park, afterwards I was informed that I should've went up to her or something. Or if I'm on a bus, or some other public place, a friend'll tell me to go up and talk to someone, but that always weirds me out. I guess I'm still a little shy like that, but it's not really my thing to go and try to talk to someone I hadn't met. Blah.
Maybe I need to get out more. But my thing is, I'd like to get to know someone, before considering anything further. It's tricky situation though, because that involves the risk of being caught in the dreaded "friend-zone".
But then again, I don't blame any girl who's been in that awkward situation where a guy was in their friendzone but didn't want to be. There've been a few times i've done the same,(and probably more since I'm so dense, and unobservant).
Whatevs. Sometimes Cupid is Stupid.
I like how, late at night(or I guess it's morning now) when I should be sleeping, I tend to babble on and on in this thing, and write more than I ever would for an assignment.
I was gonna write more but I've hit a block, time to sleep.
Acronyms! FML/ISA/WF/ETC
Thursday, April 09, 2009 |
Posted by
Erik
|
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
About Me
- Erik
- To borrow a few words for a crappy introduction,
Let's assume you all know me, and I know all of you (all eight of you reading this, that is), and move forward with the this and thats. What follows can serve as a blurry haze of itinerary-style diary entries, random rants, unasked-for-opinions, and the like, which hopefully can serve as confessions of how underwhelmingly human I really am.
Most of my thoughts come to me at odd hours of the night when all of you are tucked into your beds.
“It's at night, when perhaps we should be dreaming, that the mind is most clear, that we are most able to hold all our life in the palm of our skull. I don't know if anyone has ever pointed out that great attraction of insomnia before..."
- Brian W. Aldiss
Disclaimer: I find the most interesting blogs to read are the ones that the blogger writes to him or herself. It feels like I'm peeking a little bit into their mindset and their paradigm of the world. And so, I'm not writing for anyone, but myself. Chances are, it'll be boring, lame, and/or occasionally reflective and maybe even insightful? Nah.
Search This Blog
Labels
2009
(2)
5 centimeters per second
(1)
a moment with you
(1)
alameda
(1)
alameda high
(3)
Alcohol
(1)
animation
(1)
ap english
(1)
Asian
(2)
Basketball
(1)
bay area
(2)
beijing
(1)
berkeley
(2)
blogtv
(1)
Bob Dylan
(1)
Boston
(2)
Bruce Lee
(2)
career
(1)
Change
(1)
childhood
(2)
china
(3)
christmas
(2)
college
(1)
Commercial
(1)
concert
(1)
Cousin
(1)
Current
(1)
Dance
(1)
Death
(1)
deja vu
(1)
Dorm
(1)
Drunk
(1)
DVD menu
(1)
east coast
(1)
elementary school
(1)
Epic
(3)
essay
(1)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
(1)
facebook
(6)
fail
(2)
Fanime
(1)
far east movement
(3)
fashion
(1)
film
(2)
flash
(1)
future
(1)
goals
(1)
good will hunting
(1)
goodbye
(1)
graduation
(1)
graphic design
(1)
growing up
(2)
Guitar
(1)
Gundam
(1)
hamlet
(1)
Hangover
(1)
Happiness
(1)
harvard
(1)
high school
(5)
history
(2)
Hong Kong
(2)
immature
(1)
Insomina
(1)
insomnia
(9)
international secret agents
(4)
Jim Carrey
(1)
jin
(1)
Jumper
(1)
kitten
(1)
Korean
(1)
le petit prince
(1)
lent
(1)
Los Chocobos
(2)
math
(1)
Memorial Day
(1)
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
(1)
Mistakes
(1)
My Sassy Girl
(1)
New Years
(1)
nostalgia
(15)
notes
(3)
nunchucks
(1)
obama
(3)
old friends
(2)
Pachelbel's Canon
(1)
Papercraft
(1)
philip wang
(4)
Philosophy
(1)
Ping Pong
(1)
pointless
(1)
politics
(2)
Portfolio
(1)
Postal Service
(1)
postsecret
(1)
procrastination
(1)
prodigy
(1)
prom
(1)
quotes
(4)
random
(3)
random musings
(1)
rant
(1)
reading
(1)
reflection
(13)
regret
(1)
relationships
(1)
resolution
(2)
Reverse Culture Shock
(1)
sleep
(2)
Sleeping In
(1)
song lyrics
(5)
songs
(2)
spider-man
(1)
Star Trek
(1)
stupidity
(1)
ted fu
(3)
thanksgiving
(1)
The One that got away
(1)
Third Eye Blind
(1)
Transformers
(1)
Twitter
(1)
Van Halen
(1)
video
(11)
Violin
(1)
Vomit
(1)
weather
(1)
wesley chan
(8)
Winter Break
(2)
wong fu
(13)
Work
(7)
Yao Ming
(1)
Yes Man
(1)
youtube
(2)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment