Linkin Park - Leave Out All The Rest

Saturday, January 31, 2009 | |

Yeah, I still kind of listen to them. I remember they were huge when I was in like 6th grade. Good times. Then everyone started hating on them for some reason. But they're still secretly my guilty (or guiltiest) pleasure. I admit, I haven't followed them much at all though. I've only heard a handful of songs from Minutes to Midnight, their most recent album, which isn't even that recent.
Maybe what I like is, aside from a few exceptions, their sound hasn't changed that much. Takes me back.

Leave out all the rest. I just heard this song the other day, and yeah, it's pretty typical linkin park, but I really like it. Sounds like a midlife crisis of sorts, kind of makes me think.

"I dreamed I was missing
You were so scared
But no one would listen
Cause no one else cared

After my dreaming
I woke with this fear
What am I leaving
When I'm done here"

That was always a really depressing though. The idea of what kind of reflection it would be on your life by how many people were at your funeral.


On another note, I was looking through old pictures that I just haphazardly slapped into my external harddrive, and as I was uploading them, I realized that I hadn't hung out with so many friends in so long. And what sucks is, because I realized that, that also made me realize a pretty shitty thing. I was used getting to not hanging out with them. And that only meant that we were drifting apart.
And that just sucks.

LOL. my music library is on shuffle, and what just popped up is "Never Say Goodbye" by Bon Jovi.
Well played good sir.
I'm talking to my music player. That means it's late, I'm tired. Need to sleep.

So much for my miraculous sleep schedule change.

the next song that just popped up was "all-nighter" by Mayday. hah.



you know what's really insignificant, and miniscule, but I really miss right now?
Walking to first period french class, junior year, in the brisk morning air. I distinctly remember, sunny weather, but a cool air gently resting on my skin as I walk to campus, and listening to "Sleeping In" by The Postal Service, because I was pretty groggy, and that's exactly what I wanted to do.

Madame Labarre was a great teacher. I said that I would visit her, but I still haven't gone back to see any teachers since I've started college.
sigh. that's life. i mean, ce la vie. haha.
damn. that was really two years ago? crazy. time goes by too fast.

don't wake me I plan on sleeping in...

0 Comments: