Nico - These Days

Friday, January 30, 2009 | |

Whenever I get nostalgic, and I mean really nostalgic, it always feels weird, and scares me in a way. I feel like I'm packed and stuffed with more visions, memories, epiphanies than my head can sort out; it's almost physical. Like I can feel the thoughts squirming and crawling up my spine one vertebrae at a time, gushing through the back of my head, giving me that too much blood rushing to your head, dizzying, got up too fast feeling. It's an inexpressible experience. I don't know who said it, but I always loved the quote, "next to silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
Funny, since music can help trigger these too.




I've been out walking
I don't do too much talking
These days, these days.
These days I seem to think a lot
About the things that I forgot to do
And all the times I had the chance to.


I've stopped my rambling,
I don't do too much gambling
These days, these days.
These days I seem to think about
How all the changes came about my ways
And I wonder if I'll see another highway.



speaking of music, for some odd reason, I've rediscovered (or rather discovered, since I never really cared for it before) the song, "Ride Wit Me" by Nelly. Pretty old school song, and the lyrical content is nothing to marvel at, but for some reason the chorus just hooks me in. In the past year or so I've become a much bigger R 'n B fan.






I will get up early tomorrow, and work out.

0 Comments: