New Resolution

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 | |

I just thought of it now, and since I didn't make a new year's resolution on...well, new years, I'll make one now. Better late than never! I'm such a good procrastinator huh?

I'm going to try calling people. Like actually calling people. To talk.
To avoid going into details, what brought his about was, I wanted to talk to some people, but facebook feels like such an impersonal way to do it. And it doesnt seem to reflect the genuineness I feel when I REALLY do mean, "How are you? It's been a while. I hope we catch up soon!"

So yeah. I'll do that.

Maybe if you're lucky, one night, I'll just randomly call you up to just shoot the breeze.
I want to keep in touch. I don't want to be 20 years down the line, and wondering, whatever happened to these people I once considered my good friends? I hope they're doing well.
No. Fuck that. I want to be 20 years down the line, and wondering, hmm, I wonder what so-and-so and I will do tonight!

I remember at graduation, I made a promise to myself to live by a quote I heard from a graduation speaker.

"You'll regret the things you didn't do, more than the things you did."

Still trying. It's hard, but still trying.
I only live once.


I hate to draw inspiration from, of all things facebook, but I thought this was cool.
A friend of mine had his status as, "reading his history books looking for some answers"
I didn't think much of it, until a friend of his commented, saying something like, "looking through your old journals?"
And that's when it hit me. Journals. Everyone should keep one, because THEY ARE history books. OUR history books. Ways to record our past mistakes, regrets, accomplishments. All of that. I mean, if you don't know your history, you're condemned to repeat it, right?
Maybe that's enough justification for this rambling at 4 in the morning. I'm simply writing my history books.

0 Comments: